Friday, March 6, 2009

My Life With MS

As some of you already know I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis. I've now had MS for 6 years that I know of and most likely another 5 years before I was actually diagnosed.

It has been an interesting road since my diagnosis in 2003, ups and downs have been all over the place. I think the most activity I've had with this disease was right after I had Dylan; my MS went off of the charts, so much in fact that I was in the talks with my doctor to take drastic measures; by that I mean chemotherapy treatments. After long discussions with Jeremy and my doctor I tried to take a different direction and just by luck that direction worked.

As for right now I'm yet again having another treatment as we speak. I went to the IHC Homecare office today to have my IV put in for a 3 day Solumedrol treatment (steriods). So what does that mean in the Biehn house? PARTY!!! I'm going to be bouncing off of the walls for the next 72 hours!!! But with each 72 hours of non stop fun comes the week trying to catch up on the 24 hours of sleep that I didn't get due to the treatment.

Anyway, I've attached some fun photos of my weekend adventure. Peace Out!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I dont know if you ever told me about the Chemo part. That really sucks that you got MS. I hope your Steroid treatment goes ok.
You need to post even more pictures on your blog!

Amisha said...

Mandy you are a very brave women. I'm so amazed how you have taken on MS with such grace.
I too didn't know about the Chemo part. You will have to tell us more about that.